Wednesday, December 23, 2009

How to use lightbox?

Today when i stepped in to the development section i saw that Bob is struggling to get a form page inside panel using lightbox script. The odd thing which i noticed was, i wasn't expected this from him, he was using "Photo" script to embed a form. I initiated a talk with him.

Raj> Bob, what are you trying to do?
Bob> I am trying to open this form inside this floating panel using lightbox script.
Raj> Well, why are you using this script?
Bob> I know that this works, but don't know how. I used another script too but in vain. Can you please help me in.

I realized that up-til now Bob only used lightbox in galleries. So, he was using this for some time but only for the images. I said Hey, Bob you are doing the right thing but in a wrong way. Let's find some examples online to help in.

We looked for the solution on net and finally find an interesting link to a page which hosts very good looking 30+ useful examples of Lightbox.

"Well, this is the link you need Bob", I said. Bob twinkled a smile after a good scuffle with lightbox and said "hhh, wow! yea! Thank you Raj".

So after getting this straight with Bob I just wished to share this whole experience with you guys. Here is the link to site where you can see examples for using lightbox in different ways and styles. Enjoy!

No comments: